Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Adventures In Small Business - Business Relationships

I am currently working on delivering a product which is late. Very late. Yes, I know it is late. If I had forgotten, the daily phone calls from the customer would have sufficed to remind me. The daily faxes are also a helpful reminder. I have a stack of them in front of me now, waiting for the day when Al Gore's fantasy strikes, "The Day After Tomorrow" comes, and I have build a fire using faxes for kindling and my stapler for sparks. But I digress.

MBA school teaches you about communication, and that the customer is always right. While I have my doubts about the validity of those teachings, what they don't tell you is that what to do when your customer is a gold-plated [CENSORED].

And now, the latest daily fax has arrived, and accuses me of being a liar. For a contractor, that's a stretch. (Hello, pot? This is kettle - you're black!)

So today has been a day of delights unmentionable.

And the probability of me telling someone to do something anatomically impossible to himself and the horse he rode in on has gone up considerably.

No comments:

Post a Comment