Friday, August 27, 2010

Scott Pilgrim

Last Friday night found me in the local cineplex, taking in "Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World."

And it was fun. I can't explain the poor box office showing, as I loved it. Yes, it's quirky, with a lot of video game references and the fact that it is based on an as-yet unfinished comic book series. Don't let that stop you. The story is fantastically transcribed onto the big screen. And it is very funny.

I don't know; maybe someone finally made a movie with me as the target audience.

Music is a huge part of the movie, and if you're not a big rap fan you will probably run out afterwards and grab the soundtrack, like I did. Song #2 is the namesake of the comic and the movie, "Scott Pilgrim," by Plumtree.

The video isn't anything to get too excited about, but the song is. Crank it up:



Told you you'd like it. Now go see the movie. You'll like it too.

Bonus video: "Black Sheep," by Metric

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 'Black Sheep' Music Video from Louis S on Vimeo.