1. Don’t trust Russians.
2. Don’t write when you can speak.
3. Don’t speak when you can nod.
4. Don’t nod when you can wink.
5. Don’t wink if you don’t have to.
6. Don’t trust Russians.
7. Don’t try to haggle in matters of vital national security.
8. Consider how far you can throw your Russian counterpart. Don’t trust him that far.
9. Never offer everything as your opening position. Also:
9.A. Don’t trust Russians.10. And finally, don’t trust Russians.
9.B. Never offer anything that is worth more than whatever it is they don’t intend to give you anyway.
9.C. Don’t trust Russians.
It's good advice.