Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Milestones

2,000th death. I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard that news already. After all, several people have been eagerly anticipating this day.

It's a milestone, I guess; I tend to agree with
this gentleman's view of it.

But had you heard Iraq
ratified its new constitution? Have you?

It's strange, this war. It's so much easier to find out how many have died than what it is they died for.
An interesting simultenaiety today - a 2000th death, a constitutional ratification, and
an anniversary. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition...

It used to be freeing men was the most noble - even the only noble - use of force there was. I wonder when we lost that. And if we can get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment