Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Shut Up, Harry

Hey Harry - I think it's time you came home from DC. For good.

The West's most disappointing senator, Harry Reid of Nevada, just dug his own grave a little deeper this week, as he stated that those who opposed the health care reform bill were the same as those who opposed abolishing slavery.

If you want to play these silly little games, Harry, I would like to remind you that the Democrats opposed ending slavery in 1860 - you know, like you?

The Wall Street Journal asks this question: "How could such a thoroughly unappealing man have gotten so far in politics?" Heck if I know.

I thought when Reid became the ranking Dem in the Senate, being a westerner and a Mormon, that some good would come of it. Since then, he's proved me wrong at every opportunity.