Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Rode For A Fall

One thing they've never managed to tell you is how to take rejection. You'd think they would have figured out how by now.

I keep hearing how much fun dating is supposed to be. It's never been that way for me.

Granted, I carry some handicaps before I even start; I'm not the best looking guy, and I've done some things I'm not proud of. But I keep getting told that I shouldn't let that hold me back, that I should try anyway.

And yet I keep failing.

Sorry, had to vent. Dating just isn't much fun right now. Heck, it's not any fun at all.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, women wield all the power like a mighty sledgehammer slamming down on your ego...very similar to Spiderman3 when Sandman is pulverizing Spiderman while Venom restrains him. Makes you cringe, and everyone groans, "oooooooh, that had to hurt."

    The only secret to rejection is to forget about it. How many telemarketers would there be if they gave up after only one or two thousand rejections? Dating is the same way...don't take it personal, and move right on to the next one. Don't sit and stew in self pity. Be like Spiderman by getting up and keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete